Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb

12 days and counting til Cherry Creek Arts Festival...It's been about six months in the making, with a kickstarter in the middle...speaking of kickstarter....t shirts are in, stickers are in, now just waiting for the look book which should be here by tomorrow...ETA for things to ship out, the week after Cherry Creek I will be sent/biking out the rewards for $60 and below and the $250, the $120 will have to wait just a little more since I have to create the earrings, will keep you posted but hoping to have out by August....thank you all for your patience and support...its all coming together and I am super excited to tell you all about Cherry Creek.....


Cherry Creek Details:


Casey Sheppard Designs: Booth #34 (btw Filmore/Milwaukee on 3rd Ave)


Dates: Friday July 6 10am-8pm
Saturday July 7 10am-8pm
Sunday July 8 9am-6pm


Location: Cherry Creek Denver Colorado (Festival is located bwt Clayton-Steele Street on 2nd and 3rd Aves)




For further details go to www.cherryarts.org

Can't wait to see you all there, great art, great city, great peeps, should be an amazing time....


Here are a few photos of some items I've been working on, it's the warrior series that I am having so much fun with....so I'm trying to switch things around, instead of creating functional items for purpose using artistic techniques I'm using trade/craft techniques to create art based with the idea of vision over function...I feel that they both go hand in hand cause I believe in purpose of an item but I want to expand....anyways here are a few photos of what I've been up to....I've also been playing with making buckles and having fun with it....






I am hoping to have 5-7 pieces finished from the warrior series for Cherry Creek....


Other things going on, the Ponca Ride, which takes place every June and is a 155 mile gravel bike ride was post pone due to weather...so instead CVO went up and raced at Ponca and I was a good girl, I stayed home to work on jewelry...I also missed out on a race in Iowa at Banner Lake but CVO has assured me (after some begging and him riding the trail) that we will go up and ride it after the festival....I haven't been racing but I have gotten in some gravel and lil singletrack...I was planning on a bit more singletrack action but the rain is not being very helpful with that....




Road to York and Seward for Fathers Day, had lunch with Granddad in York (with us here) then stopped to see the in-laws in Seward, had such a fun day with CVO and the fam....ended the day with 118 miles, not to shabby...




If you are new to the bike trails, don't know the trails or just want a new kickass bike trail map of Lincoln then stop by Cycle Works, they are FREE!!! They are the best map yet, you can read them and understand them, super user friendly...so go get one now....27th and Vine, Cycle Works/Mooses Tooth...




I spend Sunday AM riding gravel to Cortland, 25th street gravel was still wet so I had a nice work out...this is at 7am and I can already see the sweat, was a bit humid in the am and then just became damn hot...I'm ready for fall....


Hope everyone has an amazing week and keeps cool....

No comments:

Post a Comment