Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 3: Road to No Where?

#YourTurnChallenge is a 7-day blogging challenge inspired by the Your Turn book by Seth Godin. I will be taking part in the challenge which starts Monday Jan 19th and ends Sunday Jan 26th. Wish me luck and happy reading


Nomad:
A member of a tribe that roams from place to place seeking pasture for its animals. A wander.

Shepherd:
A man who tends sheep while at pasture. To guide or direct.

 I find this ironic. I’m a Sheppard and in a few months I will become a Nomad. It seems that I will guide myself directly into a life of wandering.

So how does one become a nomad? Will I come by it naturally because I’m a Sheppard? In the alchemist, Santiago was a shepherd who possesses a jacket, a book and a flock of sheep. Got it, I’ll pick the alchemist as my book, of course, my Beast sweatshirt for my jacket since its super warm and has a hood and do you think India would get pissed if I cover her in fluffy cotton, change her name to Babs and herd her around? Okay….yeah…next.

I’ve been watching a lot of ocean voyage documentaries/movies and I’m reading the second Roz Savage book about her rowing across the Pacific Ocean. Maybe I should get a row boat and row across the US. Yeah, there isn’t enough water in the LA River to get me anywhere, let alone outta LA. Plus the Midwest would be a bitch. Try again.

In the movie Hidalgo, Viggo races across the sea of fire on his faithful friend and horse to beat them all and win the title. This might be doable since India kind of looks like a horse but I’d have to carry her after about 5 minutes in the desert heat and she’s too damn big to carry 3000 miles. Uhhh, no.

Maybe the key to becoming a nomad is just that, becoming a nomad. Sticking to what drives you and seeing where the adventure will take you. Yes, score! Now what?

*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading* 

No comments:

Post a Comment