Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

MMMMMMorels...MMMMM


Since I have been working so hard the last couple of months, kickstarter is funded (thank you) and CVO was having an outpatient procedure done to the boys in the afternoon...I decided to wake Thursday morning at the crack of dawn and spend the morning doing one of the most fun (if not the only) things to do in the spring...Morel hunting...


 I drove to the location where I hunt (no I will not tell you) wishing I had time to ride out on this amazing morning and get in some gravel but didn't have time, only 4 hours to hunt and counting....


Ahhhhmazing...what a perfect spring morning, alone in the woods morel hunting, so peaceful....oh and just so you all know I do carry bear mace and dikes with me in case you try and sneak up on me...may want to rethink that....

Bag is slowly filling up....here morels morels morels....




Brought some searching liquid to help...won't hurt....





We really need some rain, all the ones I found were good but were pretty dried out...nothing a lil butter won't take care of...




There is a reason that I've been hunting in the same spot for 20+ years, thanks Pops for showing me how to hunt and where....fun times...




CVO getting ready, texting back that he won't be riding tonight or for bout 7 days...gotta give the boys rest after getting snipped...but you know what makes you recover faster.....




That's right, freshly caught morels sauteed with butter and garlic....




NY Streak topped with morels with a side of cauliflower puree and sauteed spinach...now that's a meal....


My day was exactly what I needed after a crazy few months and a crazy few coming up....hope that you might go out and hunt some morels yourself...it's just like hunting snipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment