Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Racing Weekend...

This was a busy weekend full of bike races, making jewelry and having fun...Saturday was my second MTB race at Tranquility in Omaha, CVO and I signed up for the marathon which is 4+ hours of singletrack...each lap at Tranquility is 9+ miles...


Lined up and ready to go....Goal for first lap is to go slow, last race I got so caught up in the action that my nerves got the best of me and was pooped by the second lap...


Nerves did not get me today...


Riding the last lap with CVO (he was taking it slow since he is still recovering)...love the winding tree parts...


Chilling after the race in my AHTBM wind jacket eating a banana and drinking coconut water...I am a hurting, was one of the hardest rides yet for me, after the 1st lap I felt like I had a knife in my back because of my crash I had on Wednesday...every part that I hurt on my crash was in pain and right away, sucked big time....but I pulled through, wish I was at 100%, but ya live and ya learn...no big crashed a few days before a race...but I didn't crash during the race and I reached all my goals, to finish 4 laps, not to crash and have a fun ride...


To the victors...the pirate ladies representing...I got second with 4 laps and Grindcore got well deserved 1st with an impressive 5 laps....kickass job all around to the ladies that road mtb for 4+ hours...


With my first racing medal....I was super proud of myself for going out and keeping it up when I was hurting so bad....


Happy dog, she spent the day at Camp Bow Wow and had a blast....love it when she is happy...


CVO took me out to dinner at Dish which was amazing...then we headed off to Monkey Wrench for there Swap and headed home to pass out from a long exciting and fun day...






Even though I had a bike race I also got some work done in the studio, I spend the whole day Sunday working....no days off til after my show...only bout two weeks away...


Finished off the night with Blue Orchid with India and CVO, stopped by Blockbuster for a movie, talked to the parents in Iowa to see what shenanigans they were up to....then passed out watching a movie....was a good weekend...hope everyone has a great Monday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment