Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 18: Heart of the Beast

#YourTurnChallenge was a 7-day blogging challenge started by Seth Godin's Special Projects Lead Winnie, which I was honored to take part in. And I'm gonna keep going!!! I've decided to extend the challenge to 30 days. I will blog everyday from Jan 19th until Feb 17th. Wish me luck and happy reading. 





Seven years ago this St. Patrick’s Day I took on something bigger than I could have ever imagined. I became a first time dog owner and to 2 month old boxer, no less. If you aren’t familiar with the mentality of this beast than you are really missing out, they are loving, loyal, kind and hyper as hell. When people meet India they comment on how sweet she is and notice how well we get along. It wasn’t like that at the beginning. For the first six months of our relationship we couldn’t stand each other, at times loathed each other. This was just when we played in the yard. Walks, oh man…I’d have to stop and take a break so I won’t kill her. As I would sit on a park bench trying to regain my cool, India would sit far away from me doing the same. But things soon changed after we took a training class. Once we understood which roles we played, I am the human India is the dog, the bonding started. That bond has continued to strengthen over our seven years of companionship. 

 Even though Speed Racer is her favorite movie she also really digs Coming to America, what can I say this dog has taste!!!



What can I say about this crazy tiger striped clown? She’s a trail dog who loves bikes. She’s terrified of thunderstorms, loves pig ears, really wants to eat a cat, gallery goer, studio dog, people lover (she secretly thinks she’s human), bed hog, snuggle queen and  has the worst farts ever. But I gotta say I’ve never met a being with a bigger heart. This is probably why she has more friends than I do.




Best part about India, besides scaring everyone with her fierce 70 lbs. all muscle boxer frame? That she reminds me what unconditional love is all about. Reminds me to take a dance break while making breakfast. Reminds me that when I’m sick or sad or down and out that rubbing a dogs belly will fix it all.







Speaking of beasty love, please check out this beautiful article about how dreams, passion, dedication and love make things happen. This is my Bestia family. Enjoy.



*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading*   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment