Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 30: Down & Dirty

#YourTurnChallenge was a 7-day blogging challenge started by Seth Godin's Special Projects Lead Winnie, which I was honored to take part in. And I'm gonna keep going!!! I've decided to extend the challenge to 30 days. I will blog everyday from Jan 19th until Feb 17th. Wish me luck and happy reading. 







Holy shit, we made it!!! Put on your prettiest panties, pop the champagne and light the fireworks in celebration of this awesomeness!!! So how was it, blogging for 30 days in a row? Well….Damn tough.

At the beginning I was excited and nervous to share my thoughts. Once I got past the nerves I felt that my writing ability really started to kick ass. It became easier to write but then outta no where it became hard to separate my thoughts from ideas. WTF? At one point I was so caught up in my head that I was mentally writing about what I was doing at that moment. Was I becoming a psycho???  This would be a massively overwhelming time for me and I was super excited that it didn’t last long. Soon after I felt that my head started to filter my thoughts differently and I was back on track. Phhheww that was a close one.

Trying to convince myself that I wasn’t crazy may have seemed like the biggest challenge to this blog-a-thon but in reality it was finding the time to post. I have a super intense schedule in LA and just to survive I’ve made so many sacrifices, especially to my passions/trades. This means working all the time to just barely cover my bills, no time for anything else. Recently I’ve changed things up and I’m not subjecting myself to unhappiness anymore. The only thing I am willing to give up now is sleep (oh, money too) which is not easy. After a super intense long ass shift at the beast I would come home in the early hours of the am and sit at my desk to finish my day’s post. Most often then not I would fall asleep at my computer while typing which really sucks when you sit on a ball instead of a chair. Let’s just say I have fast Bruce Lee type reflexes, thank god. 


 

Was it worth it then?? Hellz yeah!!! By dropping my guard and putting it all on the table I let y’all in to see the real me. And you were listening. Who knew?!?!  I never thought I’d hear from anyone during this challenge and I knew for sure that no one would read my words besides my family but I was wrong. I received so much love and support over the past 30 days. I’m so damn lucky to be surrounded by such a kick ass community who cheers me on. It makes me feel like I can do anything. It’s amazing what can happen when you have the love of others to help you along the way. This love kept me going when I didn’t want to write and just give up. And still keeps me going on the days that I think this project of traveling the US is the dumbest idea, wondering why I just don’t settle. This is when you guys step in with the confident reassurance that what’s important to me is important to you because you believe in me. That’s worth it all.

Thank you!!!!

*also a big shout out to my Gma for her daily support and insight over the last 30 days, luv you*

*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading*  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment