Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 20: In Search Of Gnar

#YourTurnChallenge was a 7-day blogging challenge started by Seth Godin's Special Projects Lead Winnie, which I was honored to take part in. And I'm gonna keep going!!! I've decided to extend the challenge to 30 days. I will blog everyday from Jan 19th until Feb 17th. Wish me luck and happy reading. 
 



In September I’m taking part in my very first downhill race. Thanks to Amanda Batty and her ProvingPossible Program. The #ProvingPossible project is an ongoing effort to inspire women all over the world to 'Prove Your Own Possible'. They're focused on helping women and girls push their limits by trying new sports to raise the level of both female progression and recognition inside of the action sports industry. This program will finance my very first downhill race entry fee. Rad, thank you.


And holy shit, I’ve got to get my ass on the bike. With my crazy work schedule it’s been hard to find time. That’s why I’ve switched things up. I’m working less and in turn making less money. This also means I’m on a pretty tight budget but if that’s what it takes to ride I’m game.



I’m also trying to get back into bike events like racing or fun rides. This helps improve my skills and involves me in bike communities. This weekend will kick off this year’s festivities with Arizona Single Speed. I know no idea what this means except that I will be borrowing my friends single speed bike (no gears) and hitting up 40 miles of singletrack in Arizona. The rumor is that the course is evil hard. Way to start off small Casey.



I was hoping to have some training time but no. I haven’t ridden 40 miles in months. My last long ride was 20 miles of some what flat paved road on my skinner tires. I think I’m gonna get my ass kicked. Okay, you’re right, I’m gonna get my ass handed to me. Bring it on. Gotta get back in the saddle some how. Plus my goal for the weekend is to just have fun, enjoy being on the bike and with a new bike community. If I finish that’s great if I don’t at least I’m getting out there and doing, not just talking about it. Wish me luck.  



Link to Amanda’s #ProvingPossible Project





*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading*   

No comments:

Post a Comment