Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 26: ROTHNOTHAGAR

#YourTurnChallenge was a 7-day blogging challenge started by Seth Godin's Special Projects Lead Winnie, which I was honored to take part in. And I'm gonna keep going!!! I've decided to extend the challenge to 30 days. I will blog everyday from Jan 19th until Feb 17th. Wish me luck and happy reading.




Well it has finally happened. The day I’ve been in total denial about my entire life. The day that I would become like many before me, I’d become….well…put in my age. I feel that I should start this tale of woe with “it was a dark and stormy night” since it was dark and the tears in my eyes felt like a storm. *Breath* As I was closing up the bar last night a young wine stuart was closing up his area next to me. A must dance to song broke out and he started to bust some moves. As I sleeplessly laughed I called out for him to pull a David Lee Roth, ya know the staple spread eagle jump. The cute little dancing machine stopped to reply with “Who?” I repeated myself as did he. At that moment I felt like the earth was becoming a strange and unusual place, where was I? Who was I? Am I in an alternate universe? Who doesn’t know Diamond Dave. After picking my jaw up off the ground I once again said David Lee Roth just incase the stuart, who for some reason was becoming less cute, was so tired he was having a mental lapse or a massive aneurism, please say aneurism, please!!! Nope, nothing registered. Still in disbelief and almost in disgust I rambled out “Ya know, Diamond Dave!! Just a Gigolo, Hot for Teacher….pre Sammy Hager!!!!” He looked even more confused. Now in rage I shouted out “VAN HALEN!!!!” “Oh yeah, I don’t know anything bout those guys I’m a 90’s baby.” My rage and shock instantly dissolved and as it was about to turn to bitterness I realized, yep, it was an aneurism. 



*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading*   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment