Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 28: Ties That Bind

#YourTurnChallenge was a 7-day blogging challenge started by Seth Godin's Special Projects Lead Winnie, which I was honored to take part in. And I'm gonna keep going!!! I've decided to extend the challenge to 30 days. I will blog everyday from Jan 19th until Feb 17th. Wish me luck and happy reading. 



As kids we fought.
When you wanted to play all I wanted was an adventure. I would try to escape your late night clasps until you would finally win and I would collapse in exhaustion. When I was forced to be with you I would be so annoyed and wish you would just disappear. In my mind we were not friends.

I grew up a bit and things would change. We hung out a lot when I was a teenage. We spent most of our time together on weekends or after a party, sometimes during class but always on Sunday afternoons. You were my faithful companion while watching late night movies. These were the years where we truly bonded.

Now that I’m an adult we’ve become so distant. I never have time to play or watch late night movies and you disappear right as I make time for you, which is usually in the middle of the night. Where do you go? It’s as if you tease me with the thought that we are still friends. As I lay alone waiting for your return I envision our times as kids together. I’d take back all those nasty thoughts to have just one more minute with you. I miss you sleep. 

*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading*  




No comments:

Post a Comment