Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 19: Block That Writer

 #YourTurnChallenge was a 7-day blogging challenge started by Seth Godin's Special Projects Lead Winnie, which I was honored to take part in. And I'm gonna keep going!!! I've decided to extend the challenge to 30 days. I will blog everyday from Jan 19th until Feb 17th. Wish me luck and happy reading. 



I knew this could happen. I didn’t really think it would since my mind never really shuts off or shuts up. I thought I would totally make it 30 days in a row without succumbing to the dreadful….err…uhhhmmm…oh I can’t think of the words….ah ha…writers block!!!

Even though I find myself constantly thinking of something to write about, I’m even thinking of something right now but when I go to put it on the page I’m not motivated. I’m hoping that this is a transition that happens and once I hang on for a couple more days I’ll break through to some free flowing Pulitzer goods. So what do I do til then? Write these jabbering uninviting words to born us both to tears??? Okay let’s look at this logically. It’s what, day 17…no 18, maybe more….wow. I’m trying to focus on writing something insightful, interesting and that can hold the addition of someone like me. And everything should flow nicely together, nothing choppy. And do I know what I’m talking about or am I full of shit. Need to fact check. Then spell check. Grammar check. Edit, read and then re-read. Oh man, I’m kind of dizzy…I feel like I’ve been chasing my tail round round round round round round again. Where’s the catnip?


*I'd love to hear from you, have questions? Comments? Please contact me at casey [at] caseyshepparddesigns [dot] com Thank you again for reading*  

No comments:

Post a Comment